Here's how to run payday. Gratipay Bot should start a new payday ticket each Thursday morning. After each step, record the result on Gratipay Bot's ticket.
- Review accounts.
- Take a backup using
bin/snapper.py. Load the backup locally and make sure the homepage matches the production homepage.
- Check Gratipay Bot's ticket to get the payday number,
NNN, from the title.
- On latest master:
./payday.sh NNN for_real_please. Answer yes at the prompts. It wants to log into a
Ctrl-Cif you want to stop tailing the logfile (the
disownto detach itself from the controlling terminal).
- Wait a minute or two.
payday.shfails, fix it, documenting everything on Gratipay Bot's ticket.
- Run MassPay.
- Shuffle escrow.
- Commit the logs from payday and masspay to git and push them up to the
- Review the card decline rate in the Braintree dashboard. If it's 15% or greater, find a reason and report it to riskteam at getbraintree com.
- Review and edit these documents.
- Close Gratipay Bot's ticket.
- If it's the last payday of the month, update the rotation in the ticket description: copy/paste the current airplane row to the bottom of the table, then move the airplane back up!
- When a supporter's credit card fails, the tips from that user are excluded from the total receiving amounts of those they gift, so as not to mislead the receiver about likely future earning.
- When a supporter's card fails, we notify them once and they have to fix it before we start charging them again. Gifts accumulate for one week, so if a card fails and they fix it inside of the week, we double-charge the next week. But if they go four months before fixing then we still only double-charge. Details.